http://rpc.icerocket.com:10080/ Hair Tales: the performance pt dos

Saturday, May 1, 2010

the performance pt dos

Sorry, I could have finished the story in the last post, but it was starting to remind me of writing a paragraph and then it wasn't fun anymore... So although we hadn't done a proper run through with the projector,everything was going well during the show until I pressed the wrong button after the second sketch.. when I was working on the project in final cut pro I inserted a slug.. ( for ppl who don't know fcp,it's just putting blank space in the video,to separate one scene to the other if need) so yes I did it on purpose. Well i forgot what I did and I decided that I was going to press the pause button so the gap from the live sketch to the next part of the footage would be so long. Well if you press the pause button once, it pauses but if you press it twice or maybe three times in my case.... well it doesn't exactly pause. I had pressed the button so many times it just kept going back to the set of footage from the beginning of the show. That awkward silence in the dark while you're trying to fix a problem ( w/o light) can be pretty embarrassing.. I would have turned on the light but I think that would have been worse, luckily Woryeneh ( a cast member) brought me some time by being her funny self. After that 30-40 seconds of stumbling to find the right spot in the footage, everything else ran smoothly. Everyone that came seemed to really enjoy the show, so that made me happy. After the show,my family and I brought out some BJ's food to feed everyone which made everyone else happy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment